Under the supervision of the Respiratory Therapy Director and upon request of the physician, set up and operate various types of respiratory care equipment to be utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and/or illness.
Participate in all aspects of the patient care process including: Assessment- orderly process of identifying, gathering and organizing subjective and objective data pertaining to the patient/family/and/or caregiver. Planning- identifying actual or potential problems and desired goals and outcomes that result in a documented plan of care. The Plan of care provides direction for the patient, family, interdisciplinary team and caregivers. Intervention- Implementation of the plan of care and medical treatment plan. Evaluation- determining the effectiveness of the implemented plan, communicating patient progress along the continuum of goals met or barriers to meeting goals. The evaluation step may initiate the need for reassessment and revision to the plan of care, goals of care, or necessitate new interventions be added to the plan. Coordinate care by working closely with the multidisciplinary team and collaborating departments in order to provide care for the adult and/or geriatric patient population.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION)
- Respiratory Therapy Care Practitioner who is a graduate of an American Medical Association approved training program
- Certified Respiratory Therapist or Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Maintains a current NJ RCP license
- Current BLS & ACLS
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to deal with high stress environment
- Ability to speak, read and write English