Acuity Healthcare, an Employee Owned (ESOP), Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH), is searching for a seasoned CEO to oversee our 30 bed hospital located within the Atlanticare Regional Medical Center in Atlantic City, NJ. Acuity Healthcare, headquartered in Charlotte, NC and founded in 2001, is committed to serving medically complex patients, who require intensive hospital services for an extended length of stay, with exceptional and compassionate care while providing superior clinical and service outcomes. We are proud to be the only 100% employee owned hospital since 2013.
Our CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO) is expected to:
Plan, direct, and manage all facets of hospital operations and services in a manner that optimizes resource utilization and provision of care and outcomes for adult and geriatric patients who suffer from medically complex illnesses or injuries and/or exacerbation of a disease process.
Work to maximize census with appropriate LTACH criteria patients.
Be Accountable for leadership of all hospital employees and for delegating and coordinating operations and services to achieve quality indicators. Provide strategic leadership for the Hospital by working with the Governing Board and the leadership team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, procedures and policies.
Work in partnership with the Acuity Service Center leaders to deploy appropriate business practices and strategic objectives to external stakeholders and hospital employees owners.
Collaborate and build relations with community leaders, hospitals, physicians and staff to assure that necessary services are offered to the community.
Identify and report operational and financial concerns to the Acuity Leadership Team or the Hospital Governing Board and make recommendations on resolving such concerns.
Review and interpret monthly financial statements and various reports and take necessary corrective action in response to variances and trends.
Maintain knowledge of trends in the healthcare industry and, specifically, in the long-term acute care industry, and attend relevant seminars
Maintain knowledge of all laws, rules, regulations and guidelines applicable to long-term acute care hospitals and attend relevant seminars
Develop, implement and adhere to an annual operating budget, explain the budget to direct reports, as necessary, and allocate the resources to carry out all services and activities of the Hospital.
Serve as the Hospital’s liaison with state and federal governmental agencies and officials regarding the regulation of long-term acute care hospitals.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION):
- Masters Degree in Health Administration, Hospital Administration, Business Administration , Finance or related discipline
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in managing a long-term or acute care hospital
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations pertaining to Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement and long-term acute care hospitals
- Excellent communication, verbal and written, skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills and practices
- Excellent Decision and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work under stressful circumstances
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO) DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapy or clinical discipline
- Three (3)- five (5) years’ experience as a clinician
- Equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, experience, and abilities to be successful in the role
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Reasonable accommodation may be provided to qualified individuals with a disability who can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.