About Acuity Specialty Hospital of New Jersey
Acuity Specialty Hospital of New Jersey (AHNJ) is a 30-bed Long Term Acute Care (LTACH) hospital providing acute care to critically ill and medically complex patients. At AHNJ we utilize a patient focused care model throughout our interdisciplinary staff which will ensure excellent clinical outcomes.
AHNJ operates within AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center’s Atlantic City Campus, on the newly renovated 5th floor of the Wellness and Friendship Pavilion. Acuity Specialty Hospital’s interdisciplinary healthcare team serves patients throughout the region meeting the unique needs of each patient. The hospital primarily serves the southern and coastal regions of New Jersey.
The purpose of this website is to give you as much information as possible about our LTACH facility and the types of patients we serve. As you navigate through the different pages, you will learn about the many programs and services that Acuity Specialty Hospital of New Jersey offers to the medically complex patient.
The photographs on our website are but a few of the many employees at Acuity. They truly are the spirit of our hospital. They bring to life our mission, vision, and values. If, after browsing our website, you have questions please contact us. We would be delighted to answer your questions and/or arrange for you to tour our hospital.
Acuity Specialty Hospital of New Jersey complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the ground of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity / expression) or on the basis of disability or age in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by Acuity Specialty Hospital of New Jersey directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which Acuity Specialty Hospital of New Jersey arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
Acuity Specialty Hospital of New Jersey does not provide clinical services to pediatric patients.
Acuity Specialty Hospital provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with the hospital, such as qualified language and ASL interpreters, written information in large print format, and staff assistance.
In case of questions or a complaint regarding this policy, please contact:
- Contact Person/Section 504 Coordinator: Director of Quality Management
- Telephone number: 609-441-2122
- Telecommunications Relay Service is a telephone service that allows persons with hearing or speech disabilities to place and receive telephone calls using technology and / or trained Communications Assistants. Applicable State TRS Numbers:
- 1-800-852-7897 (Voice)
- 1-800-852-7899 (Text [TTY])
- 1-866-658-7712 (Speech to speech, which enables persons with a speech disability to make telephone calls using their own voice or an assistive voice device.)
- 1-866-658-7714 (Spanish)
- 1-866-658-7711 (Voice carry over, which allows a person with a hearing disability but who has the ability to speak, to speak directly to the called party and receive answers via text)
- 1-800-852-7899 (Hearing carry over, which allows a person with a speech disability but who wants to use their own hearing, to listen to the called party and type their part of the conversation on a TTY for communication via the Communication Assistant)
- 1-866-658-7713 (Telebraille)
A civil rights complaint can also be filed with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html